Welcome to Day 16 of the Next Step Challenge
- My alarm clock wakes me up in the morning. It triggers my response to get out of bed.
- My car’s alarm sounds if I don’t put on my seatbelt. It triggers my response to secure it.
- My phone notifies me when its battery is low. It triggers my response to plug it in.
We should have a trigger to connect with God
- Receiving God’s word (through reading or listening to the Bible) is good.
- Receiving God’s word and reflecting on it is better.
- Receiving God’s word and reflecting on it and responding to it is best.
Those are moments that can shape our day.
Imagine if we could multiply those moments throughout the day
We can. We must establish a rhythm that encourages frequent interaction with our Receiving – Reflecting – Responding.
We need a trigger for that: an alarm to remind us to focus on God in the middle of any activity or task or conversation.
What’s the Day 16 Challenge?
Identify a trigger to help you stop and reconnect with God.